Tuesday 1 October 2013

ARC Review - Come Together - Jessica Hawkins


Book Come Together (#3 in The Cityscape Series)

Author - Jessica Hawkins

Genre - Contemporary Romance/Erotica

~~~~~~~~

BOOK SYNOPSIS
Come Together is the third and final installment of The Cityscape Series.

With a single decision, Olivia Germaine’s fantasy has become a reality. Now she is faced with two commitments: one she must make and one she must break. But in order to accept a love she never thought possible, Olivia will have to let go of the broken past that defines her - and of deeply-rooted fears that could ruin everything.

Everything is what David Dylan wants to give her, and it’s what he wants in return. He must prove to Olivia that despite his playboy ways, he’s worth leaving behind the stable future her husband can offer her. David is a man who always gets what he wants . . . but this time he may be fighting for something unattainable.

Can Olivia escape the past that threatens to consume her?

And can David break through to her before it does?

~~~~~~~~
REVIEW

My rating = An amazingly brilliant and fantastic FIVE ++++
Every once in awhile a book (or a series in this case) comes along that totally blows you away and the Cityscape series was that for me, especially this the third and final book, Come Together. It was brilliantly amazing.

In the first two books – Come Undone and Come Alive, the story has been unfolding about Olivia and her husband Bill and how that one moment in time meeting Olivia had with David would spin a web of immense grief, desperation and anger but also the ultimate in love, passion and trust. In this final book the vast rollercoaster of the emotional journey we have been on comes to a wonderful and enrapturing end. 

Olivia has been in a safe and comfortable marriage with Bill. She has been trying to do everything right and what was expected of her to ensure she does not end up divorced and bitter like her parents, especially her Mother. David Dylan (gosh even saying his name still has the power to make my heart speed up weeks after reading this book!) is a high flying businessman, is perceived as a lady’s man and a player but underneath he is looking for something special. In the first two books we were privy to the guilt and anxiety that Olivia was feeling, knowing in her heart, once she admitted to herself, was something she could not bring herself to act on. But eventually at the end of Come Alive, she made the decision so the reader was left with a happy place to end a book on but so much more to be discovered about Olivia and David.

I absolutely adored this book and it is the best in the entire series. I just could not get enough and could not put the book (well my kindle) down. The main characters were so well developed and they absolutely shone through the pages. I loved how Olivia became such more confident and realised her self-worth. Oh and as for David he was such a revelation! I loved to see his whole persona was brought forth so you got the full 360 degrees of lushness of this man. He was divine and so goddam alpha! 

The sensual and erotic episodes were off the charts – amazingly written that had me biting my bottom lip and my love button was shouting ‘Eureka!’ I definitely need a David Dylan. He went straight onto my blog’s Lush List. Rawr!

Nothing was glossed over though, as in real life the raw and gritty depth of feeling was seeped into the subject matter that divorce and adultery brings. Yes there was violence, anger and anxiety. There were hurtful lies and deceptions but the overwhelming emotion for me was the love and devotion that could not be denied. Even after we were on the happy path and you thought a new beginning was a given, I liked that we were shown there still could be deal breakers that could throw in a massive curveball. For this part I was on the edge of my seat thinking that please no don't let this go with another ending I was not envisioning. But don't worry all is wonderfully concluded at the end. 

To try and do this review is hard as I don’t want to give all that happens away, suffice for me to say you need to have that little bit of apprehension when reading this as it makes it all the more wonderful when you get to the outcome. 


This book totally captivated and enthralled me throughout and I cannot recommend it any higher than I have. Jessica Hawkins is an amazing writer and I can’t wait for the next tantalising and intense read I know she will produce.  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment