Monday 10 June 2013

Review - Access Restricted by Alice Severin


Access Restricted - Alice Severin

Read February 2013

Rating = 5 stars
Book two in the Access All Areas series and here we get to dig deeper into those rumours relating to Tristan (I want to know did he do IT with AC?!!) Anyhow I have been in a book “love-in” with this series. A weekend full of Tristan and Lily, with a little intermingling of Trevor who in my eyes is the backbone of this book and my hero! Any way I digress….

So Tristan left us with the cliff hanger at the end of the first book with that text to Lily. OMG where is this going to go? Well …..London baby! Yes Lily is to accompany Tristan on his UK tour of his solo album to do a full write up but also research for a possible book about his early career with his band, Devised. Will she find out if the rumours were true about his ex-wife (the biatch!) and Paul? Was it for real what he did with AC? (I was kind of cheering for that one, yay!) Whatever she uncovers in her interviews with the people who were around at that time – would this have an impact on their newly discovered relationship? Would it cast a shadow over everything they had built so far?

Oh I have loved this series so far, totally hooked. In this book there is a lot less sexy time but no way does this detract from the powerful storyline that has you dipping and soaring every emotion you have. It was so sensual and heart wrenching. I had a physical ache in my heart at certain parts that had me reaching for the tissues. I just want to shout out all the best bits where they happened but that would give most of the book away and I hate spoiler reviews. But OMG it was soooo good.

The secondary characters were strong and really gave this book backbone. I had issues with her manager, Dave (but underneath I guess he was OK) and his manager, James (what a nasty piece of work – I just wanted to bust his balls off!) But it was Trevor, oh the wonderful Trevor who I just wanted to hug HARD. He was the hero of this book for me and took everything that was being said, everything that was happening and just made it make sense. He was one of those guys you just gravitate towards who can make things happen. He was Tristan’s producer who had been with him since the early days and had helped Tristan through his dark times after the breakup of his marriage and ultimately his band. It was through this interview Lily has with Trevor we learn so much about Tristan.

Then just when you think everything is working out to reaching a wonderful ending, Aghhh! It all gets smashed to pieces. It happens on the opening night of Tristan’s first concert in London where outside influences put a massive spanner in the works. I’ll just say it involved the ex-wife and his ex-band mate but others were also in there with their own axe to grind. Frustrating! 

Don’t worry the ending is eventually good (phew!) but not fully concluded. This carries on in the next book where the tour begins. I love being on the tour bus! Please Ms Severin can I book my slot in one of the bunks now? 

Absolutely loving this series and totally recommend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment